IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2019
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
IBPS has yet not released the PO Exam 2019 notification. But in the beginning of the year 2019, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has announced its exam calendar for the year 2019. As per the calendar, IBPS CWE-IX PO Computer based Prelims Exam 2019 is scheduled for 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th October 2019 while the IBPS PO Main Examination will be held on 30th November 2019. The exam is going to be conducted in three phases, namely, preliminary examination, mains examination and the interview process. The Preliminary and Mains Exam has to be completed within a mentioned time frame. A candidate has to clear both preliminary and main examination to be eligible for the interview process.
Expected IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2019
Prelims will be conducted in online mode in three sections, namely Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. Candidates must clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam.
Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
Please note, a number of changes were noticed in IBPS PO Mains Exam 2018. We expect the changes to sustain for IBPS PO 2019 exam as well. Let’s have a look at all the changes one by one.
- The IBPS PO Main exam has four sections with a total score of 200 marks that has to be completed within a time frame of 180 minutes.
- The number of questions asked in IBPS PO Mains 2018 were reduced from 200 to 155.
- IBPS also introduced a descriptive paper in its mains exam for selection of candidates to the post of Probationary officer.
- The time duration for completing the multiple sections was also altered for Prelims Exam. Now each section in the prelims exam has to be completed in 20 minutes.
- There will be no particular section for Computer Applications. Reasoning section has been teamed up with Computer Aptitude section that will comprise of 45 questions carrying a total of 60 marks that needs to be completed within 60 minutes.
Next round in the selection process is the interview round. Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Main examination will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centres. The candidates can download call letter in which centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be mentioned. It is important to bring required prescribed documents during the interview.
Check the list of documents to be produced at the time of interview (as applicable). Non production of relevant eligibility documents at the time of interview shall make the candidate ineligible for further process of recruitment under CRP-PO/MT-VIII. These documents should not be directly sent to IBPS/ Nodal Banks by candidates before or after the interview. The following documents in original and self attested photocopies in support of the candidate’s eligibility and identity are to be invariably submitted at the time of the interview:-
- Printout of the valid Interview Call Letter.
- Valid system generated printout of the online application form registered for CRP- PO/MT-VIII.
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/ Std.X Certificate with DOB).
- Photo Identify Proof.
- Mark-sheets or certificates for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc.
- Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulated by the Government of India in the case of SC / ST / OBC category candidates.
- Disability certificate in the prescribed format issued by the District Medical Board in case of Persons With Benchmark Disability category.
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book alongwith pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held.
- Candidates serving in Government / quasi govt offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer at the time of interview.
- Experience certificates, if any
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility
Note:- Candidates will not be allowed to appear for the interview if he/ she fails to produce the relevant documents.
*Marks obtained in the Preliminary Exam (Tier-1) will not be considered in the final score and are only for qualifying for Mains Exam (Tier-2). Candidates must qualify Phase-2 and Interview separately to be eligible for the final merit. There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests of both Preliminary and Mains exams. Please note, 0.25 marks will be deducted as a penalty for wrong answer to a question that carries 1 mark. There will be no penalty for leaving a question blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate.