The exam is going to be conducted in three phases, namely, preliminary examination, mains examination and the interview process. The Preliminary and Mains Exam has to be completed within a mentioned time frame. Prelims is conducted in online mode in three sections, namely Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. Candidates must clear the cut-off in all 3 sections to qualify for the IBPS PO Main exam. A candidate has to clear both preliminary and mains examination to be eligible for the interview process.
Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
Please note, a number of changes were noticed in IBPS PO Mains Exam 2018. We expect the changes to sustain for IBPS PO 2019 exam as well. Let’s have a look at all the changes one by one.
- The IBPS PO Main exam has four sections with a total score of 200 marks that has to be completed within a time frame of 180 minutes.
- The number of questions asked in IBPS PO Mains 2018 were reduced from 200 to 155.
- IBPS also introduced a descriptive paper in its mains exam for selection of candidates to the post of Probationary officer.
- The time duration for completing the multiple sections was also altered for Prelims Exam. Now each section in the prelims exam has to be completed in 20 minutes.
- There will be no particular section for Computer Applications. Reasoning section has been teamed up with Computer Aptitude section that will comprise of 45 questions carrying a total of 60 marks that needs to be completed within 60 minutes.
Next round in the selection process is the interview round. Candidates who have been shortlisted in the Online Main examination will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each State/ UT with the help of IBPS. Interviews will be conducted at select centres. The candidates can download call letter in which centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview will be mentioned. It is important to bring required prescribed documents during the interview.